There are many reasons to join the League of Women Voters of Santa Fe County:
- To Learn How Local Government Works: The LWVSFC helps you understand the structure and functions of local government, including the City of Santa Fe, Santa Fe County, the Santa Fe Public Schools and Santa Fe Community College.
- To Become Informed About Issues: You will receive our monthly newsletter, the VOTER, and be invited to attend a full calendar of LWVSFC activities and events designed to inform you about local, state and national issues that affect our community.
- To Find Out "Who's Who": The LWVSFC maintains an online guide to elected and appointed government officials and offers frequent opprtunities for members to meet and get to know the people they elected to represent them.
- To Become an Informed Voter: The LWVSFC produces Voter Guides for all local elections, conducts informative candidate forums, and analyzes local issues that will appear on the ballot.
- To Sharpen Your Advocacy Skills: The LWVSFC offers training in how to make your voice heard and how to effectively influence elected officials. We also offer opportunities for you to join with other like-minded people in advocating for the causes you care about.
- To Help Make Democracy Work: Members of the LWVSFC provide advice and oversight at all levels of the democratic process to ensure transparency, ethical behavior and inclusiveness in government.
- To Be "In League" with Others: Membership in the LWVSFC (your local League) also includes membership in the State League (LWVNM) and National League (LWVUS).
Any person, age 16 or older, may join the League of Women Voters
JOIN THE LWVSFC OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP HERE
Annual Membership Options
Individual Membership .........................................................$ 60
Household Membership (two individuals at same address)...$ 100
Student Membership (ages 16 - 25, currently enrolled).........$ 30
The LWVSFC is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Dues are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.